Q: My Explorer has high rpms when accerlating and shifting.

My Explorer uses high rooms when shifting and accelerating.

3. My Explorer has high rpms when accerlating and shifting.

Q: Car starts fine, sputters even when giving it gas, shakes and dies, sometimes there's a clanging in the engine

Hi there. Sounds like the engine is not getting enough fuel as if the fuel pump is not working. The engine will start normally and then die off when you give it gas. Check the fuel pressure when the engine...

Q: Rough idle and sputters while driving

Hey there. This is a common sign of a failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled...

Q: Will a bottle of Lucas transmission fluid fix my issue?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Although Lucas makes an exceptional transmission fluid stabilizer, you should try to find out why the transmission is damaged in the first place. If the fluid level was drained to the right level and...