Q: My Explorer has high rpms when accerlating and shifting.

My Explorer uses high rooms when shifting and accelerating.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It seems like this in the transmission and it may be slipping. I suggest having the fluid level checked and transmission checked for pressures. I’d also scan for codes in the computer to see if it is internal to the transmission or a computer problem.

If you would like help looking at your vehicle, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. My Explorer has high rpms when accerlating and shifting.