Q: My car won't turn over and there's no sound.

My car won't start. I turn the key and the lights come on(no dimming) but the car won't turn over. Before this I also had to turn the key really hard to get the car to start. My friend who is a mechanic said it may be the kill switch needs to be reset. Is that a service that you provide?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This could be ca...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This could be caused by a bad starter, a bad battery, or even a faulty battery connection. There are many possible causes for a no start condition. It would be best to have a certified mechanic, like those available at, to perform some diagnostic tests on the components to find the cause.