Q: My car won't start it takes a jump and cranks right up but after sitting for a few mins it won't crank up

It won't start when I push the start button but it takes a jump and it cranks right up as soon as the cables touch but after sitting in the off position for about 10 mins it won't crank up any more . It won't even switch from the off position. The brake get hard and nothing is happening

If the car starts via jump starting but won’t start using its own battery, you may have a faulty or dead battery. The battery should be carefully evaluated in a load test. Batteries are very important. If the battery only has a marginal pass on the load test you should just simply install a new battery to reduce diagnostic headaches. To have the issue you are writing in about diagnosed and resolved, please request an alternator/battery inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car won't start it takes a jump and cranks right up but after sitting for a few mins it won't crank up