Q: My car will start up and idles fine, but will stall when i put it in gear. Will drive fine if i accelerate but stalls at stops

My car starts and idles fine but will lurch and stall when put in gear. If I give it gas quickly it will drive fine but will once again stall when I come to a stop unless I place the car in neutral. After driving it for a wile it will allow me to stop while still in gear but will then sputter upon acceleration. Never had any problems before. Check engine light recently came on for bad o2 sensor. Replaced the downstream cat converter two months prior. Any ideas????

You will need to have the computer tested again for codes. If getting O2 sensor codes then the engine may have a vacuum leak causing the stall and o2 sensor codes. Have engine checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic that can come to you and check the engine for you.

3. My car will start up and idles fine, but will stall when i put it in gear. Will drive fine if i accelerate but stalls at stops