Q: My car wants to kind of like jerk going up hills & taking off

Well when the car has done it I have got aggravated and really gave it gas and after it gets straighten out an odor will come through the vents and it's an unusual smell from h*ll, I can't quite put my finger on it so if you would and could plz let me know what it could be!! ALSO TY

This jerking can be coming from a couple of things. A low transmission fluid level from a leak can cause jerking as the fluid pressure inside the assembly cannot remain stable. The transmission fluid can come into contact with the hot exhaust and cause a smell.

Worn or broken engine and transmission mounts can also cause jerking as the assembly moves excessively then hits against a metal stopper or the frame.

If you need help getting this fixed, have an experienced technician look over the vehicle to diagnose your rough driving symptoms and the smell you’re experiencing. From there you’ll have an exact idea of what needs to be addressed.

3. My car wants to kind of like jerk going up hills & taking off