Q: My car start running and I replaced the fuel pump because they had told me the old one didn't work but my car still won't start .

It's a 2004 Mazda rx8. It just didn't want to turn on one day. I replaced the fuel pump because I was told that what it was fuel pump. Everytime I try starting it there's a noise it makes. it sounds like when like when you turn off a drill .

A: Hello. A no-start condition can be caused b...

Hello. A no-start condition can be caused by many things. If you are hearing a drilling type of noise, it may be possible that the issue is with the starter. The starter is the component that is responsible for turning the engine over, so that it can start. Most starters use an electric motor that rotates at high torque to turn the engine, and can sometimes make noises similar to a drill if there is an issue. I would start by checking the starter for any issues, and then moving from there. If you need help with this, have a professional from YourMechanic come to your car's location to diagnose the starting problem and help perform repairs to get you back on the road.