Q: after replacing oil pan gasket,low oil level light stays on, but oil level and pressure are normal?

asked by on March 27, 2017

After replacing the oil pan gasket, the "low oil level" light stays on. The oil pressure is normal, and so is the level in the engine. they said replace the "oil pressure sending" unit, they took the old one out and it was fine, could they have damaged the "low level" sensor and not know what they did? (they are two separate sensors?) thank you, Bob Hemp

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Bob: Thanks for your inquiry. Oil level and oil pressure are measured using separate sensing systems. If the level sensing feature stopped working at the time the pan gasket was replaced, either the level sensor was damaged, not reconnected, or the wire harness and terminal were damaged. There is a possibility that the wire harness was just never re-connected to the level sensor so check that first. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a warning light diagnostic - oil level and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.