Q: My car only starts to stall when the engine warms up and nothing happens when I unplug the IAC harness

My car only stalls after tge engine warms up. After this the car will crank but not idle, ill have to wait some time for the car to work again. My car is not overheating but the heat is causing something to not work properly.

Hi Griffin. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several reasons why your car may have this issue, but typically it breaks down to fuel or ignition system components that are worn out. When an engine heats up, components like spark plugs, fuel injectors, and several engine sensors can have difficulty mixing/adjusting fuel and air correctly and igniting that fuel. For fuel system components, excessive carbon deposits can cause a restriction of fuel to flow, which eventually causes a vehicle to stall. Excessive carbon also builds upon the spark plugs and causes these issues. Typically the best way to diagnose the exact source of these issues is having a professional mechanic complete a car is stalling inspection. It might be best for you to complete routine maintenance or have a "tune-up" by replacing the spark plugs, plug wires, mass air flow sensor, air and fuel filters and cleaning the fuel injectors. This should resolve your issues.

3. My car only starts to stall when the engine warms up and nothing happens when I unplug the IAC harness