Q: My car is not starting, and it jerks when I slow down

the car will not start up.. it comes on but does not start up also it jerks when i slow down and tries to cut off when I drive

Q: I got a new alternator, radiator and battery after the installation my ground wires had a short from my battery. 0 power to right

No lights means the circuit is dead and that could be due to a fuse, fusible link, relay or other in circuit component that somehow got damaged by the short circuit. It sounds like several circuits are affected. The thing...

Q: Car is smoking, knocking and idling by itself.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is overheating, and the other symptoms are related to it. If it has overheated passed a certain point, there may have been major damage done to the engine. At this point, the...

Q: Car suddenly not starting - 1997 Honda Civic

Hi there. It sounds like a failed starter or battery. Have a battery test performed with a digital battery tester that provides the cold cranking amps and state of health. Check all fuses/relays and replace as necessary. Perform a voltage...