[Transmission](/topics-transmission-chrysler/) out

[Transmission](/topics-transmission-chrysler/) out Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked? It leaked out. Now won't shift. Needs new transmission I think Mechanic's Assistant: What is ...

[Transmission](/topics-transmission-chrysler/) out Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked? It leaked out. Now won't shift. Needs new transmission I think Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your transmissions? 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited. Need quotes. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far? No, its at a garage. Tried adding transmission fluid.

Automotive Expert
Good Afternoon, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Chrysler. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with transmission issues. Now just so im clear the transmission fluid leaked out and then we had shifting issues? currently does the transmission shift?

no, a family member was driving it. It could have had problems before now.thank you, \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* would rather not call. I was just looking for quotes on rebuilding a transmission.
Automotive Expert
okay thank you, \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* have issues with it shifting and new fluid did not help then i agree a transmission replacement would be needed. i would recommend sourcing a used transmission rather than rebuilding since replacement would only call for 700-800 dollars plus the cost of the used transmission which would be another 500-600 hundred. rebuilding will be the same 700-800 to remove and install it and another(###) ###-####for the rebuild kit and labor. rebuilding only makes sense when used units are expensive or hard to find which is not true for these transmissions.

Thank you. That is what I needed to know. How much altogether with labor should expect the cost to be.
Automotive Expert
if you get a good deal on a used transmission id see 1200-1500 out the door.

Great! Thank you. I don't want to be cheated.
Automotive Expert
right, no one does. the exact labor time is 6.8 hours so take that and multiply it by the shops hourly rate add the cost of fluids and any other supplies needed. taxes and fees and that should be the total cost. this is assuming you source the transmission on your own

Oh that's a good idea. Source my own used transmission. Thanks again
Automotive Expert
yeah no problem!