Q: Clicking Sound

i have a oil leak & possible a coolant leak. the car has been running fine, recently i tried to start my car & it clicked really loud a couple of times & gave up. it wont start but it cuts on, lights work. & i replaced the started with a new used one some months ago ( maybe 5-6 ). i wondered if my engine locked. i took it to get it scanned when my engine light came on & they said i need a knock sensor. i never replaced it because my engine light went off & hasnt alerted me since. i just need an insight of what the problem might be & if it is worth fixing!

What you are describing sounds like a faulty starter solenoid or potentially a weak battery.Generally, a weak battery will produce a rapid clicking sound when turning the key if it is too weak to turn the motor over. A faulty starter solenoid will also produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Clicking Sound