Q: My 2002 Ford Crown Victoria is acting like it want to go, even though I'm not pressing on the gas

2002 ford crownvic is acking like it want to take off on its on without pressing gas pedal also when it's in park idleing engine just rises up on it's own without pressing gas pedal

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello. The most common cause of the high en...

Hello. The most common cause of the high engine idle accompanied with a delayed acceleration will be a vacuum leak in most cases. This engine gets vacuum leaks on the vacuum connection on the intake manifold for the PCV hose. The rubber connector gets very soft and will get a hole in it. This leak will cause unmetered air to enter the engine causing lean computer codes and the high idle. The PCV hose should be removed and replaced. It will come as an assembly. Once you replace it, then clear the check engine codes and road test should fix the problems. If you need help troubleshooting this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the acceleration problem and high idle in person so that this can be repaired.