Q: My EPS light comes on sometimes and does not at others. What problem does the EPS light indicate?

My power steering does not work when the EPS light is on. It works fine when the EPS light does not come on.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Andre. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Instead of using a traditional hydraulic power steering system, your vehicle is equipped with electric power steering(EPS). In this system, the EPS control module receives input from the steering angle sensor. It then uses this information to control the steering gear motor to provide power assist. If the EPS light remains on when the engine is running, there is a problem with the EPS system. The first step in pinpointing the problem is to download the diagnostic trouble codes stored in the module. From there, a professional mechanic will be able to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make any repairs that are necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr