Q: Motor swap

I am wondering if I can take my rebuilt 3800 series II motor out of my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix Gt and swap it with the blown motor in my 2003 Buick Park AVE without having to change any sensors or other major components. Is it all setup exactly the same.

A: The two base engines are similar but not th...

The two base engines are similar but not the same. The sensors used will be different. The ignition system is different. The intake system is different. You should check both engines firsthand and compare them to see what I mean. The wire harnesses on these engines are also different. Lastly, check the exhaust manifolds since the exhaust will be different as well. If you find a more compatible engine, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can service your vehicle if you run into any issues. Best of luck.