Q: Mechanic Runaround? FLYWHEEL

So I took my car in last week to a mechanic everyday I drove by my car would sit there. Finally I had enough I went in he asked if I was paying for the parts or had them. So bought the parts and he got started this week and said he would have it done by Tuesday. Tuesday comes I go down there my car is still on the lift he said tomorrow it will be done for sure, the n Wednesday came he said thursday, because my flywheel need to be spun at another shop. And I would get my car back today. Is he trying to give me the run around its very frustrating.I'm about ready to have my car towed to another shop. I just need my clutch replaced.

A: If the flywheel was off and he mentioned se...

If the flywheel was off and he mentioned sending it out for the unit to be resurfaced by the machine shop then it’s probably true. There are very few machine shops around anymore and the mechanic may have to wait in line behind many other repairs the machine shop has in queue. Your car is taking up one of his lifts and keeping him from getting other work done on that lift until your car is done, it is really not in his best interest to give you a hard time.