Q: Guys to replace a timing cover gasket for a chevy malibu 2012 ls 2.4 do I meed to jsck up the engine?

Do I need to jack up my engine to replace my timing cover gasket?

The position of the engine is not changed. However, to remove the cover and the old gasket, you have to remove the right engine mount. The engine must be supported either with a bar support at top or from below while the mount is off. This job also requires careful adherence to published torque values for the cover bolts, otherwise your new gasket will leak and fail prematurely. If you desire that the gasket be replaced by a certified professional, right at your location for cost savings, please schedule service via YourMechanic’s timing cover/gasket replacement service request page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Guys to replace a timing cover gasket for a chevy malibu 2012 ls 2.4 do I meed to jsck up the engine?