Q: Mechanic recently diagnosed my car and said I had to replace MAF sensor. Replaced it but same codes come up. Bank 2 too lean and 1

Jamahl came by to inspect why my car hesitates during acceleration, he did tests and concluded I had to change my mass airflow sensor. I bought the OEM part for $200. For 2 days the codes didn't return, today on the 3rd day the same codes came back. And while there is no more hesitation on acceleration, which is good, I still feel a rough idle and smoke came from exhaust this morning when I started the car, not a tremendous amount but still light grey/ white smoke. I am disappointed because I thought this would fix the issue. Please let me know thanks.

Hi there. Sometimes when an error code is triggered it can be caused by multiple components; especially in regards to the fuel or emissions system on today’s modern cars, trucks and SUV’s. If certain symptoms are discovered and those symptoms are resolved, others might pop up which would require additional diagnosis and replacement. It’s also very common for a Mass Air Flow sensor replacement to create a temporary rich fuel problem that might create the gray / white smoke. This can also be caused by cleaners used in the repair and replacement process. Eventually the computer will adjust and the residual "smoke" will disappear. I’ve forwarded your inquiry to our sales team, so they should be contacting you shortly. Thank you for contacting us. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

3. Mechanic recently diagnosed my car and said I had to replace MAF sensor. Replaced it but same codes come up. Bank 2 too lean and 1