Q: Loud roar from tires

asked by on February 12, 2016

I hear a loud roar from the tires, and the front driver's side wheel shudders heavily when I brake.

Clunking or knocking noise from wheels Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. This situation requires immediate attention. The symptoms seem to indicate either a tire failure, or brake issue, related to brake caliper/pads, or warped rotor. You can remove the wheel and inspect the tire for bulges or damage, and also look at the brake calipers, pads, and rotor. If you cannot see anything that appears to not be normal, take your car to a qualified technician for further inspection of the noise coming from the tires, and to recommend the best path to repair.