Q: Loud clicking behind the AC controls

The problem was what I though coming from the actuator right behind the ac controls attached to the duct work going through the middle console because I could feel the ticking and once I replaced it the noise stopped for 4 days, and now it back. The ac doesn't even have to be on. Once the car starts up the noise starts for about 20 seconds, sometimes it keeps doing it until the car shuts off again. I'm not sure what that actuator controls but if I unplug it the noise stops. Also when the noise is going on I don't get air from the front vents, only rear and floor vents. Any ideas? Just a bad actuator or is something else going on? Thanks in advanced!

Hi there:

If you unplug the system and the noise goes away, it’s possibly the actuator, but I wouldn’t count out other AC systems including the blower motor or compressor that are causing the ticking sound. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, the best way to know for certain is to have a mobile mechanic complete an inspection of the noise coming from the A/C, so they can help you trace the issue and pinpoint the components that are making this noise.