Q: Lights connected to the same fuse don't work

My car has several lights on it that are supposed to work simultaneously but don't. Tail lights are the main ones. It is strange as all are connected to the same fuse, including dash lights, glove box light and licence plate light. I have recently replaced the signal lever and the fuse is working fine. Do you have any idea what the issue is?

Hello. This is typically a failure in the headlamp switch or a bad ground connection. However, the most common issue I have found with this is the switch. I would typically start by accessing the back of the switch by removing it from the dash and leaving it connected.

I would then use a voltage meter to verify that the switch is getting source voltage and then see if it goes to the circuit when turned on. If not, then the switch needs to be replaced. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your lights issue and point out the proper repairs.

3. Lights connected to the same fuse don't work