Q: Leaking water pump new Honda pump at 134000!! Any suggestions besides changing the pump

I had a new timing belt and water pump installed at 134000 miles now the pump is leaking at a 143000 miles. Should I change the pump or add something to stop the leak.

A: I never recommend using a "fix-in-a-ca...

I never recommend using a "fix-in-a-can" or a "stop leak," as this can add sludge to your engine. You may just have a faulty gasket for the water pump or even a faulty water pump. In either scenario, the valve cover and timing covers have to be removed to determine the cause of the leak. It may be a simple gasket problem or an issue with installation. I would definitely not recommend using stop leak as it will sludge your engine.

I would recommend a pressure test and a visual inspection of the leak once the covers are removed.