Q: knocking noises

Its a gt. And I was reving it up and then it was a loud noise and now its knocking really bad.Ans im starting to lose power

A: If the engine truly has nearly 400,000 mile...

If the engine truly has nearly 400,000 miles, based on the symptoms you are describing, I would suspect an internal mechanical problem, one of some significance that might require rebuilding the engine. But, obviously, the source of the noise, and the cause of lack of power, has to be diagnosed. I would recommend a noise diagnostic which would give you an idea of what sort of fault you are dealing with. Even if the engine has to be rebuilt, or if you want to install a rebuilt one, that is all doable. Sometimes, you can get a reasonable "used" engine but if you intend to keep the car, it is definitely better to thoroughly rebuild the engine you already have. That way, at start up, you don't have to deal with the uncertainties and headaches that accompany used parts and it will be easy to fine tune the engine and obtain good results right away. If you would like to schedule the noise diagnostic please set it up with YourMechanic.