Q: jeep won't get out of park and dash instruments not working.

The Jeep Wrangler 4 door has 113000 miles on it. It routinely goes in for oil change/ service. I started the jeep. It started without issue. I tried getting it out of park. It would not budge. I then looked at the gas gauge. It was showing no gas. I then looked and the dashboard instruments speedometer, rpm, etc. we're all not working. So looked online for help. Looked at many fuses under the hood. The all looked good and tested good. Unhooked the battery and waited. Still no instruments. (Also the indoor dome lights don't come on when the door is open.) At a loss. I want to get it to the dealer, but since it won't get out of gear I cannot get it there. Any suggestions?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely going to be having electrical issues pertaining to a fuse, relay, or fusible link. When multiple systems are experiencing issues, there is typically something they have in common that has failed. In your particular situation, double check the fuses. If you are confident the fuses and relays are fine, then locate the fusible link from the battery. It is designed to "blow" or "pop" much like a fuse does when there is an electrical pulse of some kind (like a short). Replacing the fusible link is going to be the only way to fix the issue. Luckily it is generally an easy repair if you are comfortable with wiring. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. jeep won't get out of park and dash instruments not working.