Q: It was revving up switching gears like it was stuck in neutral then it corrected itself, I made it home now it will not go into ge

It feels as if it wants to catch gears but instead does nothing what could be the cause for this

A: Hi there. It sounds like you have a serious...

Hi there. It sounds like you have a serious transmission failure going on. What you’ve described is the first sign of a transmission problem on this vehicle. To diagnose this, I’d typically start by removing the transmission pan and inspecting the fluid for metal and other debris. If there is any then the transmission needs to be rebuilt. If you want to have it looked for a second opinion, prior to taking it to a transmission shop, have a certified mechanic come to your home or office to see what is going on with your gears.