Q: How do you change Radio Data System categories on the radio?

How do you change Radio Data System categories on the radio?

Using the Radio Data System (RDS) on your car’s radio offers a great deal more information than what’s available with the basic display. However, the real beauty of the system is that you can find stations that fit into the music categories that you prefer – jazz, classical, rock, etc. Here’s what you need to know to change categories:

1. Press the Menu button until you see RDS (On/Off).

2. Press the Seek/Track button to turn the RDS feature on if it’s currently off.

3. Press the CAT button.

4. Press the Up and/or Down arrow to cycle through RDS categories.

5. Press the Seek/Track button on the category that you want to listen to.

6. The tuner will cycle through RDS stations in that category.

7. Stop on the one you want to listen to.

Tip

You can also press the Scan button to automatically cycle through and preview the RDS stations in each category.