Q: It needs a jump to start and then it dies after 45 seconds. Hitting the gas chokes the engine like it's getting to much fuel or something.

It needs a jump and then it dies in 45 sec and hitting the gas chokes the engine like to much fuel and slows down. The terminals on the battery and cable had this gel like substance on it and pieces of dubri

A: It is possible that you could be having iss...

It is possible that you could be having issues with your battery or your alternator. I would recommend hiring a qualified professional to test your battery and alternator for proper function. When it has been determined whether your alternator or your battery has failed I would recommend having the faulty part replaced in order to resolve the issue you are having.

It is also possible that the issues you are having could be related to the fuel system. It would be a good idea to have the fuel pressure tested as well to have an idea of the condition of your fuel system.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to properly diagnose the starting and dying issue firsthand.