Q: Is it worth taking my dashboard off to get to the starter cut relay.

I have a no start no crank intermittent starter issue with my car. Acura 97 2.5tl and i've been troubleshooting the problem, ive confirmed the starter switch works so what is left is the Neutral safety switch and starter relay, However the starter relay is in my dashboard, is it worth taking it apart to test it?

A: Do not forget that you have the security co...

Do not forget that you have the security control that will not pass voltage from the relay if it is not working. This is supplied ground through the neutral safety switch on the grey wire and will connect power from the yellow and green wire to activate the starter relay. The start relay is supplied power from the ignition switch on the black and green wire coming out of the interior fuse box. If you have power at the black and green wire going to the relay and have ground at the yellow wire, then the relay should send power to the starter on the black and white wire. If you want to have this tested for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the electric system and make an accurate diagnosis.