Q: In car after it stalled with foot on brake and clutch ignition still on. Made loud banging sound turned off, now wont come back on 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

In car after it stalled with foot on brake and clutch. ignition still on. Made loud banging sound, thought someone was pounding on my car. I turned it off, now wont come back on. The dash lights up and seat belt dings but won't turn over.

Hi there - this event sounds rather ominous! You don’t describe feeling anything through the shifter or pedals, but these would be additional clues. Feeling anything through your left foot (clutch), might indicate a clutch failure - possible for the original clutch with your mileage. It’s possible the serpentine belt may have broken, and thrashed around a bit under the hood (would be visible - pieces and all). Putting a code reader on the vehicle should tell you something, except the code reader will have to come to you obviously at this point. I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. In car after it stalled with foot on brake and clutch ignition still on. Made loud banging sound turned off, now wont come back on 2006 Hyundai Tiburon