Q: Ignition wire rubbed against emrgency brake causing vehicle shut off

My truck's heater doesn't work anymore. My dealership won't repair it because of my mileage 78,000. I assume that the problem is electrical. Can this start a fire while driving?

"I cannot confirm whether you will have a fire or not without knowing the exact problem. This vehicle does not have any common problems that would cause the heater to not work. The most common issues for the heat not to work properly is going to be a problem with the A/C heat control panel. It is not moving the cable to heat or may have came loose.

I recommend having a mechanic check the A/C out for you if the dealer will not fix it for you. I would be able to tell you the possibilities of a fire if I knew some finer details. Have a mechanic properly diagnose and fix your heating issue. They will also be able to ensure your vehicle is safe to drive."

3. Ignition wire rubbed against emrgency brake causing vehicle shut off