Q: If I replace my cam shaft sensor in my 2007 trailblazer will it start. I have mechanics telling me that my motor is gone

My engine light was on and I had it scanned and I was told that it was my 4th cylinder spark plug and cam shaft sensor. Now there telling me my motor is gone, I was wondering if I got a new cam shaft sensor would my vehicle start.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there:

Unfortunately, it’s impossible for us to tell you whether or not replacing the cam sensor will solve your problems without being onsite to complete a check engine light inspection first. You might want to ask the mechanic to be a bit more specific about why your engine is "gone"; as that might help with the diagnostic process.

• If I replace my cam shaft sensor in my 2007 trailblazer will it start. I have mechanics telling me that my motor is gone