Q: I've had two mechanics come out and look at my car only to have my vehicle not fixed. I've wanted enough money and will probably n

I've had two mechanics come out and look at my car only to have my vehicle not fixed. I've wasted enough money and will probably need an electrical tech come out and fix my problem. Money doesn't grow on trees. I have a crank no start problem and changed out camshaft and crankshaft, spark plugs, and ignition coils. I've cleaned throttlebody and everything. I really need help and less talking about what it may be. I can't figure it out.

Parts should never be replaced unless they are tested, and once tested, found to be faulty. All the parts replaced thus far might have been perfectly good as it is obvious if your car is still not running, nobody has performed a competent diagnostic. The only way to get the car running is to find out why it won’t start. Engines need compression, fuel and air in the RIGHT ratio, and an ignition source at the right time to start, period. So, basically, you start with compression. If compression is within spec, you look at fuel. Fuel has to be fresh (if six months old, it won’t ignite) and the fuel has to actually reach the cylinders so for example the fuel tank could be full of fresh fuel but the fuel filter might be clogged. The amount of fuel has to be correct so if the engine temperature sensor is broken, thus not allowing the PCM to supply enough "added" fuel on cold start, the engine won’t start. A spark can be detected visually. With air supply, you have to evaluate whether the idle air control valve works. There are other obvious requirements such as no vacuum leaks. I truly share your dismay in the experience you have endured. And, I emphasize "truly" simply because it is utterly irrational to hire someone who wastes your time and money and just leaves you stuck. At this juncture, to get your situation resolved without any further nonsense, just request a no start diagnostic and the mechanic will get it resolved. As I often joke, a car is not the "space shuttle". Yes, there a lot of wires and different components but, at the end of day, such is limited and there will be an identifiable reason why your car won’t start. If you request the diagnostic, the mechanic will find that reason and give you an explanation so that you can understand what is going on. Once the cause is found, he or she will inform you as to the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• I've had two mechanics come out and look at my car only to have my vehicle not fixed. I've wanted enough money and will probably n