Q: Engine shutoff issue. 2001 Ford Explorer

Engine oil pressure gauge dropped to below zero a day before the engine shutoff. I didn’t drive it until a day later; that’s when the engine shutoff while driving. The pressure gauge was still on zero when it happened.

Engine wouldn’t turn back on, just a whirring sound.

Later, the starter made a whirring sound, then rapid clicking sound.

Electronics work, then soon the power fades away.

Battery provides continuous power when charged from a portable charger, but engine makes no attempt to turn over; just a clicking noise. (WIth that being said, the 750 peak amp charger has acted bad from time to time in the past.)

Hitting/pressing the Inirtia Switch (fuel system reset in the front passenger side) did nothing.

3. Engine shutoff issue. 2001 Ford Explorer