Q: I think the guide rails were bad and it just quit. Loss power while traveling.

I was told that my guide rails were the reason my engine was making noise. While driving it loss power and will not start now. Did i damage entire engine or can timing be fixed?

Hello. To confirm your previously given advice, yes, your engine does have long-term timing chain guide maintenance requirements. The early noise you heard was the timing chain having worn through the plastic guides, and possibly the chain "slapping" due to a weak tensioner or stretched chain. The sudden loss of power is alarming since that is likely due to a failed chain, or the chain jumping one or more teeth or "jumping time".

This causes the loss of power you mention, and potentially fatal damage to your engine with internal piston-to-valve collisions possible. To have this checked, I recommend having a qualified professional from YourMechanic diagnose the loss of power issue in person so that this can be corrected.

3. I think the guide rails were bad and it just quit. Loss power while traveling.