Q: I think I have a power steering leak

asked by on September 23, 2017

Power steering leak, not sure if from lines, reservoir, or rack.

You will need to use a spray engine cleaner to remove all the oil from the engine where it is leaking and then look at the area while someone starts engine and turns the wheel to see if you can spot the leak. Do not put hand near leak as it is under high pressure. If you still cannot locate leak then go to autoparts store and get an oil leak detection kit. The kit will come with a oil additive that will glow under a black light from kit using special glasses. Then you will be able to locate the leak. The most common leak is from the pressure line from pump to the rack and pinion.