Q: I'm on highway and my car starts to shake and it slows down

W

Hi there. There are several possible source of a vibration on a Ford Taurus. In general, when you notice the shaking or vibrating at speeds over 45 mph, it can be caused by tires and wheels that are out of balance or loose and damaged suspension pieces. A vibration can also be caused by engine or transmission issues or even minor issues with the vehicle’s emissions systems. It’s always best to have a professional mechanic complete a vehicle is vibrating and shaking inspection to determine what is causing your problems, so they can recommend the right repair.

3. I'm on highway and my car starts to shake and it slows down