Q: I live 35 miles from a serviceable mechanic in this field! Should i drive there to check the problem im having with my vehicle?

My mpg has went from 34 mpg to 29 mpg in about 3 months!

There are a lot of factors that can have an affect on fuel mileage. Weather conditions, driving patterns, fuel quality, condition of engine tune up items, compromised oxygen sensors, failed sensors, dirty fuel injectors, or any number of other possible conditions will have a direct effect on fuel consumption. Also, a vehicle can lose some of its ability to get optimum fuel economy over time, as it ages. Wear on an engine will tend to lose some fuel economy, and can also lose some of its power. If you have any doubts about anything listed above, or if you just feel that something is going on that needs to be addressed, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. I live 35 miles from a serviceable mechanic in this field! Should i drive there to check the problem im having with my vehicle?