Q: Cant get my car out of limp mode or "fail safe mode"

I just bought the car a week ago. Had a check engine light on so got it scanned. Read misfire cyl 3 and random misfire and faulty coil pack. Changed coil pack and spark plugs and wires and ran fine. Next morning on cold start it was sputtering bad and alot of exhaust it was really rich smoke coming out exhaust ran fine after warmed up. Then a day later it went into limp mode and wont come out. I cleaned the maf sensor and the intake throttle bode with intake cleaner spray still stuck in limo mode. Also reset it by unplugging negative terminal for 10 mins still stuck in limo mode. Check engine light code reads random misfire and faulty ect. Nothing major. I dont understand it. I dont know what to do next. Can you help me. Limp mode prevents it from rachimg over 60 mph and not goimg over 3000 rpms.

A: The reason "limp mode" has become...

The reason "limp mode" has become "unbypassable" is due to the existing codes. The ECT failure, if it exists, may alone account for that because an engine coolant temperature sensor is essentially a master sensor - the value of which must be available and reliable in order for the engine computer to properly control all ignition and fuel outputs. Consequently, based on what you are reporting, an expert would probably first diagnose the code you are getting and continue the diagnostic from there if that sensor checks out OK. If you would like to have this resolved, a certified professional from YourMechanic could diagnose the Check Engine Light and advise on the correct repairs.