Q: I just replaced a heater hose in my 2006 dodge ram 1500. The coolant is full but now the engine is overheating. Did I miss a step

I replaced one heater hose that was leaking. Coolant came out when I was removing the old one. I replaced it with a new one and now the truck is overheating. Did I miss something? The coolant container is full.

A diagnostic would determine the root cause of the overheating. If the coolant level is low, and/or there is trapped air in the cooling passageways, perhaps related to the heater hose repair, those faults themselves can cause overheating. The other common causes of overheating include a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, collapsed hoses, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I just replaced a heater hose in my 2006 dodge ram 1500. The coolant is full but now the engine is overheating. Did I miss a step