Q: I have to actually use a heater on th ECU PROM to get my vehicle to start when its cold.

It's a 1993 dodge ram D150 3.9 6 cylinder. Has 209,000 miles. I have to put a heater on the ECM PROM computer from 10 -20 minutes and than it starts to click and than once it stops clicking it will start. After it has been running a while it seems to be ok. When it sits depending on how cold it is it might not start again. Than you have to warm it up again.

Now if the weather is warm outside it appears to be ok and no problems with starting.

The other day it stopped completely and now it will not start. Before it stopped it was intermittent causing it to stall a couple of times. Now nothing at all. The engine does still turn over.

What do you think? Does the ECM PROM computer need replacing only? I have not tried warming it again.

3. I have to actually use a heater on th ECU PROM to get my vehicle to start when its cold.