Q: I have a collapsing lifter problem on 2009 2.2 cobolt sedan , depending on where motors stops on shut off. Can this be adjustment

Lifter taps on occasion.

A: If a lifter will not hold pressure and tend...

If a lifter will not hold pressure and tends to bleed down over time, then the lifter oil relief valve is stuck open allowing the leak down. Depending on what is plugged in, the lifter may not be able to be flushed out. You could try to run with some engine lifter cleaner like marvel mystery oil in the engine between oil changes to see if the fluid can dissolve what is in the lifter causing the issue. If this does not work, then a lifter would have to be replaced. If the oil is changed make sure to use the proper oil filter and oil when changing.