Q: I have a bad throttle body, so instead of paying the dealership ridiculous prices, I order a throttle body myself.

When I replace the throttle body what do I need to do to for the car to relearn the new throttle body? Or do I have to take the vehicle to the dealership for it to operate properly.

After you replace the throttle body then all you have to do is turn ignition on with all accessories off. After 29 seconds of not touching anything the engine computer will relearn the new throttle body. Leave it on for at least 2 minutes before turning off. Start the vehicle and see if vehicle idles good and throttle works before driving. If no Check Engine Light comes on then you are good to go.

If you run into any problems or decide to get some help with the job, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help ensure the correct installment of your new throttle body.

3. I have a bad throttle body, so instead of paying the dealership ridiculous prices, I order a throttle body myself.