Q: Q: Ignition switch

I have a 97 ford expedition The ignition starts the vehicle at the first click i replace the ignition switch under the dash and it is still doing the same thing.as soon as it gets power it starts befor i can turn it to the run position and the starter will run continually untill i shut it off or pull the wire off the silanoid what will i have to do to fix my problems

Hello, It sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid that is hanging up and continuing to supply power to the starter causing the starter to spin continuously after the ignition switch circuit is changed. This may also be related to a faulty ignition switch. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Ignition switch