Q: I have a 93 Cutlass Ciera with a th125c transmission that wont shift out of first, a solenoid inside causing the vehicle not to change.

Car will not shift out of 1st gear

Hi there. The issue with the transmission is either the downshift cable is out of adjustment or the governor is leaking. Check the downshift cable and see if its too tight. If its too tight, the cable will need to be adjusted to allow the downshift valve to move easy and not be engaged. If the downshift cable is adjusted correctly, then I recommend replacing the governor. The governor is the part on the end of the transmission in a case and it spins to overcome shift pressures. If the governor is leaking, it cannot overcome the shift pressures causing the transmission to not shift. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting from 1st gear, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 93 Cutlass Ciera with a th125c transmission that wont shift out of first, a solenoid inside causing the vehicle not to change.