Q: I have a 2016 Chevy malibu that the air stop getting cool.The dealship said a rock put a whole in my condenser

Car A/C is not that cool took it to the dealership and there saying that something hit condenser and put a whole in it. Like a rock!

Unfortunately it is very possible. I had it happen to me with a vehicle I owned several years ago. The a/c condenser is right behind the grille and in front of the radiator. If any type of road debris gets through the grille, the condenser is exactly what it will hit and cause the refrigerant to leak out. The condenser and radiator are made from aluminum because it dissipates heat quickly and is light weight. The downside is it is a soft metal that can be damaged if any sort of debris hits it while the vehicle is at speed. The proper repair will be to replace the condenser as well as the receiver/dryer. The dryer is a filter that absorbs contaminants and moisture from the a/c refrigerant and must be replaced any time the a/c system is opened up. The dryer absorbs moisture so quickly that a new dryer left unsealed out in the open for as little as 30 minutes is no longer good to install.

3. I have a 2016 Chevy malibu that the air stop getting cool.The dealship said a rock put a whole in my condenser