Q: I have a 2009 PT cruiser with a p302 code coming on only at idle speed. It also has poor/slow acceleration, especially up a hill

asked by on December 30, 2017

I have a 2009 PT cruiser with a p302 code that comes on only at idle speed. It also has poor/slow acceleration, especially up a hill. When i accelerate the car, it gets high RPMs relative to its speed. It may hit over 4000 RPMs before i reached 25-30 mph. I have to continually take my foot on and off the gas in order to accelerate. When I am at a stop light, the car idles roughly. Also, I changed all of the spark plugs, fuel injectors, spark plug wires, intake manifold gaskets and coils relative to cylinder 2.

The misfire is most likely from a vacuum leak either in the PCV hose or valve or the intake manifold itself has a leak in the housing. Replace the PCV valve and check PCV hose and then if problem continues then you should check the intake manifold for cracks and vacuum leaks.