Q: I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport and the rpm's vary while the car is at idle. The past two days the car has shut off while drivin

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport and the rpm's vary (from below 500 to 1000) while the car is at idle. The past two days the car has shut off while driving and then I coast to a safe place. I turn the car off and then back on and it works fine for a little and then it repeats the process. I had just had the battery replaced and they ran a test and said it is not the alternator either. When the car "loses power" all the lights, radio and etc. still work but the engine shuts off and the battery light comes on. Does anyone have the possible causes for this? Any help is appreciated!

3. I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport and the rpm's vary while the car is at idle. The past two days the car has shut off while drivin