Q: I have a 2000 ford expedition with 250000 miles and accidentally drove over 40mph in second gear. Now it won't go in reverse and w

asked by on September 12, 2017

I have a 2000 ford expedition with 250000 miles and accidentally drove over 40mph in second gear. Now it won't go in reverse and wont drive over 35 mph the rpms rise. Is the transmission blown or is it an electrical problem or something? It drives in 2nd and first gear still and in the drive position but wont go past about 35 mph and no reverse transmission blown or sensor or something?

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Mario. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s difficult to tell for certain whether your issue is mechanical or electrical. However, it could be possible that the inner hydraulic lines are clogged with debris, causing this problem. It could also be a shift solenoid, electrical harness or inner seal damage. The best way to receive good direction as to how to resolve this problem would be to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection first.