Q: I have a 1998 mercury mountaineer. ,I just have the water pump replace and now it want start.The lights come on and it turn over b

I recently had my water pump replaced on my. 1998 mercury mountaineer and now my car want start.The head lights and dash come on and the car turn over but want start.I have a brand new battery so that not the issue.

Unless electrical connections were removed and not re-connected during the water pump replacement, that repair would not cause the present no start. If the starter motor is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run, that means that there is an ignition, fuel, air induction, or mechanical fault in the engine that will have to be repaired. In a no start scenario, compression, fuel delivery by the injectors (not just "to" the injectors) and the ignition system are all checked out. Typically, the problem will be found in a fuel or ignition fault. Other causes can arise though such as an air fuel ratio that is so far off, the mixture delivered to the cylinders won’t ignite. That can be due to an air induction fault like a stuck idle air control valve or, considering fuel, could be due to a failed temperature sensor that must be working properly to signal the PCM to enrich the mixture on cold start. Regardless of the underlying cause, if you request a no start diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

• I have a 1998 mercury mountaineer. ,I just have the water pump replace and now it want start.The lights come on and it turn over b