Q: I changed the cap and rotor on my truck and put everything back the same and it wont run for more than 10 seconds?

I changed cap and rotor on my dodge. The firing order is correct and it will start fine and run for 10 seconds rough then die. I didnt turn the distributor.

A: Hello. It sounds like you may have gotten d...

Hello. It sounds like you may have gotten defective parts. If the cap or rotor are defective then this will occur. I would remove them and have them warrantied. You also need to make sure that the pick up coil in the distributor was not damaged as it is common for the wiring to get crushed or broken when replacing these. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling issue.