Q: I am trying to recharge the refrigerant for the A/C but I have been unable to find what the pressures are supposed to be.

I am trying to recharge the refrigerant for the A/C but I have been unable to find what the pressures are supposed to be. What are the exact pressures supposed to be in order for it to work properly?

A: Hello. A/C pressure readings vary with the ...

Hello. A/C pressure readings vary with the temperature. The A/C system should be charged by weight and not by pressure to fill it correctly. There should be a sticker located under the hood (either on the underside of the hood, radiator support or strut tower) that indicates the capacity of your A/C system - usually in ounces. You could also try finding the capacity in your owner's manual. If you need help having this taken care of, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your cat's location to perform an AC recharge.

Recommended services
Get a Quote